Saturday, June 28, 2008

Past Projects

Since childhood, I've enjoyed designing special projects like the character of Penny Sullivan did in Stepping Into Sunlight.

One year during Lent, I tried to do a secret good deed each day (it's harder than it sounds!). Another time, I set out to send a letter of gratitude to a different person each day during November (in honor of Thanksgiving).

As a wife and mom of four, I'm blessed with folks to whom it's easy to show love. But I still like the idea of challenging myself to reach out to new people in creative ways.

My local Christian radio station, KTIS, has been promoting something called "Drive Thru Difference" - where listeners are encouraged to pay for the person behind them at the drive-through as a surprise gift.

Have you ever participated in a special project like one of these in the past? What did you do? How was it received? Feel free to share ideas in the comments. And to join our Small Steps of Kindness Movement - leave a comment HERE, and I'll get you added to our list. During the month of September, we'll rock our world with small acts of love that God can multiply.

Blessings!

Sharon Hinck

3 comments:

Kat said...

Sharon, what a beautiful idea! I will definitely participate in the September event, but look forward to getting started on this in July, too!

Kat
http://dancingwithladybugs.blogspot.com/

Mimi N said...

Hi Sharon! Hope to do the KTIS thing when it comes around again, which I think is in August! I know we can do it any time, tho. Did you hear about the athiest that called in to the show?

He and a bunch of people were offered to have their coffee paid for. The guy was incredulous and guffawed at the fact it probably cost the person about $75. He seemed very cynical, but our God is bigger than cynicism!

I am praying that God uses that moment to reach those people and all the rest of the people who are impacted by KTIS's idea!!

Sharon Hinck said...

Hi, Mimi!
No, I hadn't heard about that call-in.
Truly, many people have been so wounded that it's often hard for them to believe someone would do something kind with "no strings."
Let's all keep startling and confusing people with the love of Jesus! :-)