Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 23 - Matchmaking

Years ago, two friends and I dressed in peasant garb and sang Fiddler on the Roof songs for a show. I still love the song, "Matchmaker."

And I love to make matches.

At a recent conference I met many new people, and if I learned something about the new friend that fit with someone else I already knew, I tried to help them find each other.

There's a wonderful joy in creating webs of relationships.

In "Stepping Into Sunlight," Penny helps weave some interconnections between her child's school, the store-front mission in the neighborhood, and the members of her support group.

Think about the people you know.

Is there a single mom who would love to be introduced to a great car mechanic who will give her a fair price for an oil change? Is there a harried mom needing that reliable teen that you know who could babysit? Is there a friend who loves to quilt who would love to connect with the sewing circle at your church?

See if you can find a match to make for your step of kindness today!

His,
Sharon Hinck

No comments: