Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Follow-up

After posting the story about the kind clerk in the grocery store, I received this email from Judy and she gave me permission to share:

---
Last week I read your Book Buddies update and your account of the "kindness" in the grocery store. I turn off the computer and head to the grocery store to do my weekly shopping. I was looking through a display stack of tortillas, checking the expiration dates on the packages.

I pulled one off the stack, and the entire display fell and packages of tortillas splattered at my feet. Honest! This really happened!

My first impulse was to run out of the store. Then I thought of you and the Buddy update. I bent down to pick up the packages of tortillas and restack the display. Before I could pick up even one package, a clerk was bending down next to me. "That's okay," he said. "This happens all the time. I'll pick them up. You go ahead and finish your shopping."


I pushed my cart up and down the remaining aisles with a huge silly grin on my face--thinking of you. :-)
---
Thanks for sharing, Judy! Isn't it fun to notice the small kindnesses given to us each day? It gets me excited to find ways to make someone else's day.



Has someone blessed you with a gracious word, a kind gesture, a small gift? Post a comment about it between now and August 1st, and I'll draw a name to win a free Penny's Project notebook!



Sharon Hinck

3 comments:

Mimi N said...

My house flooded last fall and we lost the sheetrock, insualation, carpet, and pad in 2 rooms and the bathroom included the linoleum. Because the it's a split level, our rooms were very cold this past winter. The flooding stressed our male cat so he ended up with a bladder infection and my other son's room bore the brunt of that!

Our church came to us a couple weeks ago and offered to pay to get the sheetrock, insulation, and use whatever's left for gutters along the back of the house. Then a few weeks ago, a friend of ours was remodeling a very upscale home and the people who own the house are Christians. They wanted the perfect carpet that was only a few years old to go to someone who was in need! I'm so happy that my boys will have carpet in their rooms for the winter! I thank God for the body of Christ!

In Him,
Mimi B

mnjesusfreak at gmail dot com

Sharon Hinck said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Hinck said...

Congratulations, Mimi!
You won the drawing for a Penny's Project notebook. Please email me your snail mail, and I'll get it to you. :-)