Friday, September 26, 2008

Keep Noticing

I want to take a moment to thank all the brave and kind souls who joined Penny's Project this month and set about doing some small steps of kindness.

Some participated once a week, others set a goal to do something new each day.

I've discovered that in the process of looking for ways to share a kindness, I've been noticing people more--watching for possible needs, paying attention to the kindnesses given to me.

I'll be hitting the road soon for a lengthy booktour, but if you drop by while I'm gone, feel free to read the past posts and the comments from other creative folks who've contributed great ideas to Penny's Project.

And if you still need more ideas, grab a copy of Stepping Into Sunlight (the novel that inspired Penny's Project).

Let's all keep noticing others and offering them the "widow's mite" - the penny's worth of love that seems so tiny, but can be so profound when God multiplies it.

Blessings!
Sharon Hinck

No comments: