Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 1 - Kindness in An Email

I'll try to post an idea each day in September - our Penny's Project month.

If I don't keep up with a new one each day, I hope these will be supplemented by great ideas by all of you!!!

Please comment about small acts of kindness that you have done, or plan to do, or that have been gifted to you.

Day one, we're starting with something VERY easy. Not costly, not scary or difficult, no sacrifice required.

Send an email to someone whom God brings to mind.

Sounds like a tiny, not-highly-meaningful act. BUT there have been days that a loving, genuine, personal, encouraging note from a friend in my email box TOTALLY helped me through a dark day.

I'm NOT referring to jokes and cartoons and group emails that are forwarded around and clutter our boxes. I'm also not counting a friendly affirmation included along with a request. I mean a pure, personal, encouraging and kind note for no other purpose than to let someone know you care about them.

Lord,
guide us to a name...then guide our words.
Help us pour out our love, support, and tender regard,
and hit "send" with a prayer on our lips for you to bless the friend who will receive our message. Amen.

Let me know how it goes!
And continue to invite your friends to visit this site and join us in Penny's Project - sharing a small step of kindness with a new person each day!

His,
Sharon

2 comments:

Kat said...

I did this. I didn't even have to ask God for a name, he gave me one before I'd even finished reading your post. Just a few simple words of thanks and friendship, but I hope it brightened her day. I'm looking forward to the rest of your prompts this month!

Sharon Hinck said...

I LOVE when the Holy Spirit brings someone to mind. We get to be part of HIS work of grace... HIS kindness toward someone.

I hope I learn to listen with more alertness to His nudges!