Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 22 -A Small Gift

I recently attended a major writer's conference. I had a full schedule of teaching and meetings, and was getting over some health issues and was battling exhaustion.

One morning, a friend found me and gave me a little tin of mints - personalized with my name on it. It was such a special pick-me-up - especially because when she was in the store that carried these, she had to twirl that rack of mints and look for my name to find this. I felt so REMEMBERED and thought of and loved.

Later, a friend gave me her hotel room key (I was staying off-site) and said, "Go up and take a nap if you need a break. Use my room." I can't express what a treasure that was to me.

Then at a banquet, another friend gave me a card and a box of luxurious mints. Her words sang to me, and of course chocolate is ALWAYS a brilliant way to make someone feel loved.

I'm planning to look for a way to give a thoughtful small gift today. Will you try that with me? I don't think my friends had any idea what their gifts meant to me and how they kept me going when I was weary. We may never know how our gifts lift the heart of a friend. But let's do it and trust it might just be the blessing they need.

His,
Sharon Hinck

No comments: