Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 3 - Blast from the Past

Today, let's prayerfully think back over someone we are grateful to that we haven't seen in a long time.

A grade school teacher?
A piano teacher?
A college professor?
An aunt or uncle you once spent the summer with?
A high school band director?
A Sundayschool teacher?
A pastor from a church you haven't attended in years?

(feel free to suggest more ideas!)

Once you've thought of a few people who were blessings to you once upon a time, see if you can find an email or snail mail address or phone number for that person - and surprise them with a "thank you."

Even a postcard saying, "Thinking of you today, and the way your encouragement when I was young helped shape my work today" will be a delightful "out of the blue" surprise!

Let's be detectives and see if we can find some people from our past and thank them!

Blessings!
Sharon Hinck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm participated in days 1 & 2, but this is my favorite! I love mailing cards and I've already thought of several people.

Thanks!

Kat said...

This one felt great! I picked a former co-worker who is long since retired but taught me so much. I never thanked him for the lessons (that he didn't necessarily even know he was teaching me!) but I still carry with me today so many things I learned by watching him. So glad for this prompt, I'm not sure I ever would have reached out to him without this, and he very much deserves to know how much I respect and admire him. Keep up the great work, Sharon, I love this!