Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 21 - Yard Work

Each fall, my church small group shows up at our pastor's house one afternoon to "rake and run." We scour that yard and cart off the bags of leaves.

One winter, while I was battling bronchitis, chasing young children, and my hubby was out of town, we were hit with a bad snow storm. A neighbor saw me outside struggling with my shovel and the heavy wet FEET of snow, and shooed me aside to snow-plow my sidewalks as well as his.

Can you think of someone - elderly, ill, or just in need of a pick-me-up - that you could serve with a little yard work? Depending on where you live, this time of year that could be raking, mowing, pulling weeds - or even snow shoveling. :-)

If you live in an urban high-rise, perhaps you could sweep someone's parking space instead. I know you'll come up with something creative! Be sure to keep posting your experiences and ideas!

Blessings!
Sharon Hinck

No comments: