Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 2 - Kindness in a Blog Comment

Okay, sticking to the theme of easy kindnesses and the internet, here's a suggestion for today:

Visit a friend's blog and leave an encouraging comment to one of his or her blog posts. Let them know you appreciate what was shared.

Let them know someone has read what they are writing. Let them know they are being heard.

Don't have any friends who blog? Visit a favorite blog or website by someone you DON'T know and post a complimentary comment.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Sharon, wanted to let YOU know that I appreciate what you're blogging about here. I think this is great, we can all learn something important about small acts of kindness, to carry us through September and all the other months, too. Great job, I look forward to reading your prompts every day!

I left you a little linky love over at one of my blogs. Enjoy!

http://dancingwithladybugs.blogspot.com/2008/09/pennys-project.html

Sharon Hinck said...

Oh, Kat!
Thank you SOOOO much.
Your blog is so beautiful...and thanks for letting other people know about this!

SmilingSally said...

I do this many times each day!

Joyce said...

Hi Sharon,
I got behind on these acts of kindness when I was out of town on the 1st - so I posted comments on 2 blogs today - one a friend I just haven't seen in too long - and one someone I knew when she was a child - and she's now a 30 year-old mother of 3. Thanks for suggesting this - not only did I leave words of encouragement, I enjoyed reconnecting myself. How fun that the acts of kindness have a little "pay back."

You, my friend, are such a creative person, such a blessing to know - and, I just wonder how far the ripples of these "stones dropped in the pool" are spreading....

We MUST get together soon - I hope life will slow down soon, but about the time mine slows a bit, yours will be in overdrive...

Love you...