Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 7 - Rejoice with Those Who Rejoice

Romans 12 calls us to rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

It takes strength of spirit to rejoice in the good things that come to someone else's life--in part because usually it means that good thing HASN'T come to our own life. :-)

I'm a writer, and I struggled during the years before I was published as I would hear the joyous declaration of other writers announcing they had been offered a contract.

Can you find someone in your acquaintances (or even a stranger who is being celebrated in some way) and add your voice of sincere congratulations?

Recently, I had something really nice happen to me. Then a friend told other people about the nice thing and spread the good news. I felt warm and tingly and so appreciated and cared about.

She could have said, "Good for you, but did I mention that everything is going wrong in my life today?" Instead, she said, "I'm really happy for you." And she set about multiplying my joy instead of chipping away at it. Remarkable. And a great example for me.

I'm going on a hunt for people who could have their celebration multiplied a bit by my sincere congratulations.

Blessings!
Sharon Hinck

No comments: